THE NEED :
The Rwanda Career Women’s Centre is a response to the Government of Rwanda’s drive to increase the employability of its citizens’ particularly young women through skills building in order to compete favorably in the socio-economic development and
leadership of the country.
OUR GOAL :
Improve female participation in the labour force by equipping young women with necessary skills to access employment or create profitable businesses
THE CAREER CENTER WILL FOCUS ON THREE MAIN PILLARS :
1. Leadership and life skills training
2. Employability, entrepreneurship and digital skills
3. Coaching and mentorship
The Rwanda Career Women’s Centre interventions are aligned and will contribute to achieving several Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) :
- SDG Goal 4 on inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning :
- SDG 5 on achieving gender equality through empowerment of all women and girls.
- SDG 8 on decent work and economic growth to promote sustained inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all.
- SDG 10 on reduced inequalities : UN Women’s initiatives towards Gender equality and women’s empowerment through training,
- SDG 17 on partnerships : FAWE Rwanda’s objective to “establish new and strengthen existing strategic partnerships and collaboration for accelerated progress towards the achievements of gender equity and quality in education”.