The Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) is a pan-African regional non-governmental organization founded in 1992 to promote girls’ and women’s education in Africa. FAWE Rwanda chapter is one of the of thirty (34) regional Chapters in 33 African countries. FAWE Rwanda chapter was established in 1997 with a mission of promoting gender equity and equality in education in Rwanda by fostering positive policies, practices and attitudes towards girls’ education. The goal of FAWE Rwanda Chapter is to complement the government’s efforts to build the country and promote national development through educating women and girls with the support of its partners, notable achievements have been registered so far.
With the support of UNWOMEN, FAWE Rwanda is establishing the Rwanda Career Women’s Centre (RCWC) to address both high unemployment and underemployment rates affecting women, especially the young women. The Rwanda Career Women’s Centre Career will focus on three (3) main pillars : Leadership Skills Training ; Entrepreneurship and life-skills ; Coaching and mentorship.
FAWE Rwanda is seeking to recruit for its Rwanda Women Career Centre, an experienced Rwandan IT OFFICER who is dedicated, competent and results-oriented professional with at least 3 years of progressive experience in maintain the computer systems and networks, installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems.
Job Title : IT Officer
Reports to : Career Centre Coordinator,
Job Purpose : The IT technical support officer monitors and maintains the computer systems and networks of the Centre. You will be installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person
Principal duties and responsibilities :
- Providing technical assistance and analysis on computer software and hardware and ensuring continuous modernization and updating of application systems ;
- Facilitate the Rwanda Women Career Center in computerization and networking operations.
- Administer and provide technical support for Local Area Network (LAN) system and ensure the following :
- Active Directory
- Data security ;
- Server and database archives, tape back-up of entire system ;
- Reliable protection from data loss, corruption and/or virus infection ;
- Effective functioning of internal messaging functions and internet access ;
- Wireless and TCP/IP protocol suite are functioning smoothly.
- Install and upgrade computer software and security systems and ensure maintenance of high performance configuration ;
- Ensure purchase of computers and related equipment meets the appropriate specifications and required standard ;
- Providing technical support in the utilization and administration of information technology and related equipment (Help desk) ;
- Orienting and training network users on how to use the network, internet and email system and its software package ;
- Participate in management meeting system projector, sound, video in conference hall and other meetings for the career center.
- To manage and Monitor Disaster Recovery replication.
Key Result Areas :
- Running regular checks on network and data security
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and system
- Conducting regular system audits
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performing any other duties as may be directed to you
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information and Technology (BIT) from a recognized university
- At least 3years experience in a similar or related role.
- Certificates in Networking Design and Administration, Software Development and Hardware Maintenance.
Key Competencies :
- Analytical ability
- Communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
How to apply :
If interested in the above-mentioned position, submit your application to FAWE Rwanda Office located at REB premises at Kimironko not later than 6th August 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Please indicate in the subject line : “IT OFFICER” with the following attachments :
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of academic credentials
- National ID