The Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) is a pan-African regional non-governmental organization founded in 1992 to promote girls’ and women’s education in Africa. FAWE Rwanda chapter is one of the of thirty (34) regional Chapters in 33 African countries. FAWE Rwanda chapter was established in 1997 with a mission of promoting gender equity and equality in education in Rwanda by fostering positive policies, practices and attitudes towards girls’ education. The goal of FAWE Rwanda Chapter is to complement the government’s efforts to build the country and promote national development through educating women and girls with the support of its partners, notable achievements have been registered so far.
With the support of UNWOMEN, FAWE Rwanda is establishing the Rwanda Career Women’s Centre (RCWC) to address both high unemployment and underemployment rates affecting women, especially the young women. The Rwanda Career Women’s Centre Career will focus on three (3) main pillars : Leadership Skills Training ; Entrepreneurship and life-skills ; Coaching and mentorship.
FAWE Rwanda is seeking to recruit for its Rwanda Women Career Centre, an experienced Rwandan Career Centre Coordinator who is dedicated, competent and results-oriented professional with at least 8 years of progressive experience in programs management, leadership and resource mobilisation.
Job Title : Rwanda Women’s Career Centre project coordinator
Reports to : National Coordinator, FAWE Rwanda Chapter
Job Purpose : The Career Centre Coordinator is the project leader of the center, managing and steering the Centre towards the realization of the Vision, Mission and Strategic objectives.
Key Result Areas :
The Career Centre Coordinator will be responsible for :
- Heading the Career Centre and providing strategic leadership in Developing, Reviewing, Monitoring, and implementation of policies, strategies, and activities of the Centre ; and proper accountability for its resources.
- Writing proposals for funding/ mobilize funds for the career center’s development
- Overall coordination of all the Career Centre plans, programs and projects ; and ensuring its impact and sustainability ;
- Providing technical and professional leadership as well as guidance, ensuring good practices and standards that promote girls and women empowerment ;
- Initiating and maintaining meaningful collaboration with Governmental Institutions, Development partners and civil society and private sector in promotion of the women career center objectives.
- Coordinating the implementation of the center’s activities as stipulated in the annual work plan and providing quarterly reports to FAWE Rwanda office, and other partners as required
- Ensuring the overall program coordination by managing day to day program activities within the Career Centre structure.
- Representing the Career Centre at various National and International events.
- Performing any other duties as may be directed by the National Coordinator.
Attributes and competencies
- A dedicated and results-oriented professional with at least 8 years of progressive experience in management and leadership at institutional particularly in an NGO
- Track record of successful fundraising and networking
- Excellent report writing and communication skills, coordination, and collaboration skills
- Keen interest for applicants who have led institutions/programs related to women empowerment successfully.
- Ability to steer, change and influence teams into achieving organizational objectives and to attend to details
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration and Management, Development studies, Gender, Social work, Education planning and Management, or other related disciplines ; from a recognized University is a requirement.
- Training in and experience in Project management is an added advantage.
- Qualified Women are encouraged to apply for this position
How to apply :
If interested in the above-mentioned position, submit your application to FAWE Rwanda Office located at REB premises at Kimironko not later than 6th August 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Please indicate in the subject line : “Rwanda Women’s Career Centre project coordinator” with the following attachments :
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of academic credentials
- National ID